Monday, July 1, 2013

Thing 12: Microblogging

Tweet me @themamaglenda
My husband signed me up for twitter around the time our son was, but I didn't have time to learn something new when I had a newborn.  I never used it and didn't even know my password.  Looking at my following list, I was surprised to see some people on my list...Ashton Kutcher, Snoop Dogg??   Really?? My husband surely did that.  Also not sure why my user name is "the"mamaglenda.  Maybe it verify that I'm the real deal.  HA! All my husband's doing.  I only have one follower and that is my friend/coworker.  Not even sure how she found me or how she knew I had a twitter account. 

I found a twitter account for my school, but not sure if anyone is still keeping up with it because the last tweet was done in 2009.  I still followed it anyways.  I also started following the Freeman Library and Helen Hall Library.  They continually post throughout the day about library happenings.  I was unable to find a twitter account our school library or for any of the high schools in the district.  In the elementary level, I can see this being useful for parent and librarian communication.  At the intermediate and high school level, I think this will be very useful to reach out to students as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Your husband sounds hilarious... from afar. Lol! At least you know, Glenda, you always have some surprises around the corner...

    ReplyDelete